Uni Systems and BIS join forces to establish new subsidiary in Turkey
Beginning for operations for Unisystems Türk Bilgi Teknolojileri A.Ş
Uni Systems, one of the leading ICT systems integrator in Greece and BIS, a top Technology and service provider in Turkey, announced today their strategic alliance in establishing a new subsidiary in Turkey, under the name Unisystems Türk Bilgi Teknolojileri A.Ş.
Uni Systems holds a majority interest of 80% in the new company, with BIS holding the remaining 20%. Operations will commence during October 2013 and the company's core activities will initially cover the banking and financial sectors, as well as telecommunications.
“In founding our new subsidiary in Turkey, we are capitalizing on the experience and technical expertise that Uni Systems has gained after fifty years of specialization in IT,” said Mr. Yiannis Loumakis, Managing Director of Uni Systems and Vice Chairman of the new company. “This investment is an important strategic step towards Uni Systems' international expansion. Our goal, in recent years, has been to broaden our activities and expand internationally, and we are very satisfied with the increasingly fast pace at which this is happening.”
The new company will be based in Istanbul and will operate under joint management; Mrs. Ülkü Ünal, one of BIS's principle shareholders with substantial experience overseeing the development of new technologies for major Turkish banks, will take over as CEO and Chairman of the Board of Directors, while specialized Uni Systems high level executives will assume key operational positions.
“As a highly experienced company providing software solution and services especially to Turkish financial industry for almost 20 years, joining together with a powerful and globally experienced company such as Uni Systems, will lead to a definite success story”, stated Mrs. Ülkü Ünal CEO and Chairman of the Board of Directors of Uni Systems Türk Bilgi Teknolojileri A.Ş.
Uni Systems Türk Bilgi Teknolojileri A.Ş. is a major forward step towards the markets of North East Europe and the Post Soviet States of Central Asia, as it is strategically positioned in a country with significant economic and technological growth.
For more information regarding BIS, click here